Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Vintage Cars vs. Celebrities

So I had my first celebrity citing the other day. Some of you may know that I work and live in Burbank. Sound familiar? It's home of the WB Studios, ABC, Disney and NBC where they film "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" It all sits here in the heart of Burbank. Back 4 years ago when my sister was getting married, we moved her out here. That would be my first time visiting LA. One of the first things we got to do was see Jay Leno's show. My sister and I were lucky enough to sit in the front on the side, we got to go up and shake his hand. So mind you, this was pretty cool... and just to see how everything works was amazing!

So I left work a little early the other day because I had to drop off some tapes to one of the studios. This studio is right across the street from NBC. It was clearly obvious that the show was over and people were leaving. So I drop off the tapes, get in my car and start heading home. I'm sitting at the light and find something that caught my eye. This something was a beautiful white convertible car... and it was vintage... like super amazing vintage. I couldn't figure out what it was... but when I actually looked up and into the car to see who it was, I saw this incredible jaw. It was Jay Leno. Of course. I knew he was an avid car collector and talks about cars all the time, but I guess I just had to see it to believe it.

So i did my research. I found out what car it was. And I'm not gonna lie, I would mind having one myself...

1948 Jaguar XK120.



and it looks like this:




and this is Jay with his beauty...
Lucky dog.




Sad part is, I was more impressed with the car than the celebrity himself...


{Check out more cool cars at Jay Leno's Garage}

1 comment:

Her Blahgs said...

Thanks Sharon! Glad you enjoy, my apologies for not updating much lately- but new ones are coming! Merry Christmas! :-)