Thursday, July 3, 2008

Happy 4th! {Part 1}

So in honor of our country's birthday, I decided to make a pound cake. Not from a box, but from scratch. It is my Gram C's recipe that came from her many collections. This was my first time baking it all by myself, and for the first time, it came out perfect. It was a little stuck to the pan when it came out, but the main thing is that it tastes AMAZING! Not like Gram C or my marmie makes it, but it was ever so close. I brought it to work with some fresh picked strawberries and blueberries with some yummy whip cream! The people at work LOVED it! So it was a hit, and I can't complain.

So with my family far away this 4th of July, I thought I'd carry out the summer desert tradition and bake this yummy cake. Reminiscing on the summers in Texas with my family and the many wondrous smells of life in the Campbell's house, only brought me closer to the feeling of being home again. If only I had some homemade ice cream... mmmm... goood!

Oh so pretty!



{Paper tissue courtesy of Martha Stewart...}

2 comments:

Laura said...

It looks so pretty! And, I'm sure it was equally yummy. I wish we were spending this 4th together! Love you!

Mrs. Sweet Line said...

Pretty, pretty poundcake - and it was yummy, for I was lucky enough to also get a taste! Thanks for the mini poundcake delivery, Herblogs!