Thursday, June 19, 2008

Every mile a memory...

So for those who are not completely filled in on my recent happenings in life, I just made the big jump to move to California. It has been a dream of mine for years to come out here and make something come to life under the big screen. What it is yet, I'm not sure, but I'm on my way, and it's very exciting. So here is a recap of my travelings to California.



April 28, 2008:
I left home for the last time, with Georgia on my mind and the west in my future. My Marmie was there to help me drive this first half of the trip. This would be the last time for quite a while, that I would drive through the infamous bridge that crosses over the Mississippi River. This bridge brings back years of memories driven to see family to and from Texas.




April 29, 2008
And so the last, long awaited vacation begins! We drop my mother off at the airport and head off to lunch. It was a quiet day and a nice time to catch up with each of my grandparents. Later we made our way over to the daily trips to Starbucks. I classify my grandparents as the cute old couples you'd see in movies that become the regulars to restaurants, except this was at a coffee shop. It cracks me up. People love them and they love the other people. It's been so neat to meet their friends, hear stories of old days, and hear them laugh. It brings such a strange joy to my heart. It became a daily outing the next 4 days i was there.



April 30, 2008
Gram C and I went out and about to several antique shops and a fun fabric store. I found me a cute pattern for an apron to make me and my sister. Maybe even a kid one day... I started on the child's apron for practice... so far so good. Can't wait to get the big girls one done! :-} Check out the website to the store, they have some neat things if you like to sew.
Sew It Up

Here is the cute pattern I got.


May 1, 2008
I got to take some cute and silly pictures of my cousin and her new hubby. What a beautiful mess.







~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Later that night I met up with an old friend from Florida and her new hubby as well. After we ate we had to go get gas for their emtpy car. Hah.





May 2, 2008
I picked up my old college roommate from the airport. She flew down from Phoenix to help me drive from Texas to Arizona. It was so good to see her again. It was just like old times.



Later she met my family and we all had some yummy BBQ for supper. It's good to be with the ones you love.




May 3, 2008
Ruby and I head out eary that morning to make our way a bit closer to California. I made a call out to my Aunt and Uncle who live in Midland. Went to Chili's to see my cousin work hard.... and had lunch with my AC&UR. Saw their new remodeled home which is so gorgeous! It was so great to see them again, and Ruby has officially met my entire family. Wow.



Onward we went, and found some neat things, ad ran into my car's alter ego.







and the journey continues....




May 4, 2008
Ruby and I are finally in Arizona! I haven't spent much time in Arizona, but was really excited to see Phoenix. I stayed 2 nights and got to see downtown and meet Ruby's new man. I also got to meet up with some old friends I went to High School with when we all lived in Japan. Good times.




And of course... I got to see my Remy! Silly Remy...





May 5, 2008
Home.

No comments: