Monday, December 8, 2008

LA and All Her Crazy Charms.


So I know it's been about a month since I've posted anything- but here is a recap of what's been going on...


Took a trip down to Chinatown.



On election night we went to see a Broadway show.... Spring Awakening. It was... well... Interesting. I thought it had to do something w/ Lyle Lovitt- but far from it. This is our reenactment of the poster. Exciting isn't?



During the intermission of the show... we heard cheers and claps.... can you guess why?? Needless to say... I hope he proves this painting to be true.



Later in the week we went up to the Griffith Park Observatory... One of the coolest views of LA you'll find around here.



They also have the Planetarium there too... It's rather fascinating...
Inside they have an awesome pendulum !



Downstairs they have a very educational area. There you can learn all about the planets.
Even how much you'd weigh there. I'd like to live on Mercury. k, thanks. :-}



That following weekend Sam and I went all over LA. Even attempted to climb up to the Hollywood sign. As evidence that it was not successful, I have no photos to show other than the aftermath of me sliding down a HUGE rock after losing my footing. I was bruised from tummy down to my ankles. It was fun.



Later I discovered a massive splinter in my hand. The only way I could describe it to you- is after I pulled it out- it looked like the tip of a sharpened #2 pencil.
I have never been so grateful for my thumb until that day.



Later, after the looong hike, we treated ourselves to the famous BIG TEXAS DONUT.
It was bigger than our hands.




Later we went to Malibu to enjoy some cold water.
It was nice considering how dirty we were at that point.



And then the following weekend, we had my sister's baby shower. But before I could get there- some fires broke out down near my house, and the wind carried the smoke and spread west towards Simi Valley. It was a spectacular destruction, and I'd like to say that I'd rather be stuck in a hurricane or tornado any day than deal with this nasty smoke.
My car smelt like a campfire for several weeks.
Gross.



I then finally made it to my sister's
and we headed over to her friend's house for the shower.




Later- driving home- I got some pictures of the sunset.
You wouldn't even know there were mountains behind there.



We procrastinated at Halloween, so decided to carve pumpkins in mid November...
and my cat, Pumpkin, wanted to take part.
Curiosity did not kill my cat.
{note: this was not a set up- & no animal was harmed.}



Then it was Thanksgiving. Some old friends from college just moved out here to LA... they live about 5 minutes away from me and it has been amazingly wonderful to have them near. Non of us had anywhere to go and not going home for Thanksgiving, so we all crowded into my tiny little apartment and made some yummy food.
I made my first successful turkey!

And this was quite horrifying.
ick.



but the food was amazing and the time together was priceless.


From the words of Kirk, "Anna- thank you for making Thanksgiving feel like home."

:-}

No comments: